DONORS AND SPONSORS
Your generous support helps the Heritage Center to share Slate Belt treasures with visitors and researchers from all over the world. SBHC accepts donations of tangible property (art, artifacts, photos, documents, etc.), cash, securities, and in-kind services that support its mission:
- To establish a public center for programs, artifacts and exhibits reflecting local history and heritage; to perpetuate our Slate Belt heritage through educational programs relating to ethnic contributions, industry, and history, so that future generations can appreciate our valued past; to preserve and utilize historic Bangor Town Hall as the Heritage Center, meeting place and museum.
Your gift preserves the past for the future. You can donate to SBHC in several ways:
- Museum objects like art, artifacts, books, photos, manuscripts, and things made or used in the Slate Belt.
- The Annual Fund, financial gifts that support ongoing operations. Gifts are recognized in the newsletter and Annual Fund signage.
- The Preservation Fund, financial gifts that support the upkeep of exhibits and resources. Gifts over $1000 are acknowledged in particular rooms, exhibits or projects.
- The Endowment Fund, financial gifts for long-term investment in the future.
- • Special Projects, either financial or in-kind services for our publications, website, map, educational programs, or exhibits.
- • Volunteer, time and talent to greet visitors, guide tours, work on public relations, special projects, research, and overall upkeep of the museum.
Contact us at SBHC by email or phone if you have questions. Send your gifts to the Slate Belt Heritage Center, 30 North First Street, Bangor, PA 18013.
Saturday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
April - October
Sunday 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
November - March, except holidays or inclement weather
30 North First Street
Bangor, PA 18013
During operating hours: 610-599-4993
After hours: 610-588-8615
Email us at SBHC@frontier.com
- From Rt. 80. - Get off Rt. 80 east at Exit 307. Follow signs for Rt. 191 South. Follow Rt. 191 south for 9 miles to Bangor, PA. Once in Bangor the Heritage Center will be on your right.
- From Rt. 33. - Exit Rt. 33 at the Stockertown Exit. Follow signs for Rt. 191 North. Take 191 North for approximate 9 miles until you enter Bangor, Pa. The Heritage center will be on the left.
- From Rt. 78. - Exit Rt. 78 at the Rt. 33 exit. Take 33 North. Exit Rt. 33 at the Stockertown Exit. Follow signs for Rt. 191 North. Take 191 North for approximate 9 miles until you enter Bangor, Pa. The Heritage center will be on the left.
Catch up on current events at the Slate Belt Heritage Center by checking us on Facebook. You do not need to have a Facebook account to access our Information.